Monday, November 1, 2010

What's Going On??????

If there is something that really bothers me this is discrimination. No matter where, or how, but just the fact of thinking that someone is different because this or that it makes me go out of mind.

When I arrive here I thought that the situation of clubs was different that in Italy, where to get in you have to be a “star”, have girls with you or most of the time know someone. I thought, but you always learn something new…

What’s the point of going to a club? In my opinion out of 100 people, 50 go there to find a mate, 45 to have fun and drink with friends and 5 to listen to the dj. Usually I am on the 5, but because mine is a passion. But the real point is going to have fun. Fun is the right word.

Unfortunately now days most of the time when you reach a club there’s a huge selection at the entrance and you are lucky if you get in. The problem is that most of the time you wait so much time outside and you get so stressed that you lose the desire and you want to go back home. This is what happened to me at Halloween in London and a lot of times in Italy. Maybe at the end you finally enter but you have a different mood because you are stressed.

The strange thing is that usually this happens when you are alone or with friends (just man), but when you are with 18 people and between this 12 girls you may think that something is going wrong. The point is that just judging someone on the way he dress is stupid. Why a bouncer should do that? How he is suppose to know who I am? How can he judge me just on the way I dress?

The one of bouncers or door selectors is becoming a problem even bigger than the one of drugs inside clubs. The main point of a club, I will repeat it forever,  is having fun, but as in almost all the things the business, and so making money, turns to be more important than the passion, and this is something that I will never accept.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that not getting into a club can actually be called discrimination. It's probably a question of taste and elite. If you owned a club, would you let in everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I would. I go to a club to have fun, dance and enjoy the night but trust me if you wait outside hurs and then get rejected bc you only have a strange shirt or a strage hairstyle well, if it's not discrimination we are very near to that...

    ReplyDelete