Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thank You Superpippo

Did it ever happen that you were too happy and had tears on your eye for someone that you don’t even know? Well it happen to me yesterday night.

I am, as the majority of men in the world, a football fan. There are different types of football fans, from the fanatic to the passive, I consider myself in the middle. I don’t go a lot to the stadium (almost never), I prefer to watch the match at home, but a lot of time I feel so much pressure like if I was about to play.

Yesterday night in Milan there was a match for the European competition, Champions League, between Ac Milan (my team) and Real Madrid. These are two of the best teams in the world, they have some of the best players and together they won the majority of the international trophies.

So I came back home and start to watch it. We were losing 1-0 till half of the second half when an “old man”, an “old football player” named Filippo Inzaghi (his nickname is Superpippo), entered and scored 2 goals in ten minutes, changing completely the result. It turned to be that I was, of course, happy for the result but even more for him. He entered in a pitch fool of stars and with his experience he become the real star.

The reason why I was really happy was because every time he scores a goal, even if he is 37 years old, he’s happy like a 20 years old man, and he stills train like a young man every single day with such a passion that everyone respect him even the supporters of other teams. And thanks to those two goals yesterday night he become the player with more goals on an European competition (70 goals).   

At the end the match ended 2-2 and Real Madrid scored at the last minute. But I didn’t care for the result, I was just sad because he could had crown a fantastic night with a victory and for 20 seconds he didn’t. But when this morning I saw all the news papers of the world, and if I say the world it’s really the world, talking about him I felt really proud of him.


This is football, a lot of stories and a lot of emotion just behind a ball.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment