Saturday, November 20, 2010

The world of magic

The world of magic is something that is always been extremely attractive. Magic, illusion, mentalism, mind reading and everything that surrounds it had always push people to find or try to understand how was it possible.

To try to catch just a little part of it, I tried to discover some of is secrets talking to a friend of mine, Lukas, that came this week and who practice this as a job.

When you started to be interested in magic?
Six years ago, when I was 17, a friend of mine made an object in front of me disappear. I was so amaized when I saw it that I asked myself, “the art is something that he has inside or something very hard to understand and that you can learn just with a lot of exercise?”. The answere is that today I am an illusionist that works all around the world and every day I thank myself that I asked that question.

What is magic?
Magic is a sense of alteration of the normal world. It’s like if someone does a package of what we believe and then he made this package appear and disappear as many times he wants.

Whats appeals you most on your job?
The eyes of those on the other hand, it’s something unexplaniable the way someone watch you after he or she had seen a simple effect in front of them, as a disappearance of a coin or a card.

Did something weird ever happened?
A lot of times. Believeing that what I was doing was under my control when maybe for distraction or “real magic” I was also incredulous seeing that what I wanted to do was knot possible anymore. Something strange is that even despite my anonymity and my look, very casual, a lot of people stop me telling me : “You are a magician”. Now my answere is that probably I am not the only one.

Do you think it can be called a real work?
I think that magic is not a work but is that special sensation that a magician must be able to give to his own audience.

Would you recommand it as work?
No I won’t, for three reasons. First of all because leads others to appreciate you more for what you do that for what you are. Then because there is so much study and preparation that brings magician isolate in “sociaty of magician”. And last reason because the fascination lies more in the minds of those who do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment