Monday, May 23, 2011

Do U think its normal?

There are a lot of thing in the world that we don’t understand, a lot of things that we can’t figure out how they are possible, still they are there, and sometimes they get worst day by day.

This time I want to talk about the power that television has on football. In this last weeks I felt ashamed and I wanted to say something about it.

Especially in Italy I remember that in the last years the last games of the championship had to be all at the same time. This should be obvious and correct to avoid other teams to know already the result of others.

I think that all the matches of the season should be played at the same time, with no difference, like in the old times. It will be much more spectacular for the public, but since television has the power things are different.

So in the past it was different, this year we reached a point that for the first time they managed to put games on three different days at different times. Starting Saturday at 6 pm to Monday at 8:45 pm. RIDICULOS.

But the craziest, I think, thing of all, is the fact that they managed to divide the last turn, usually the crucial one, the most important, in two parts: the game with no importance at 6 pm and the big matches at 8:45 pm.

My question is, why? Why do they give all this importance to television? Why money can make you decide everything? This is an old problem, that comes out every time with many subjects.

I would like to say no at least one time to the money of Sky, to the money that television gives to the football teams in this particular case. I know it’s hard, but we could try at least ones. I remembered some years ago when there were the entire matches at the same time. I loved it and I was not the only one. Now it’s hard to have three matches at the same time.

I don’t think things will change, I hope at least they wont get worst. I hope that in some years we wont see things like the first half of a match on Saturday and the second half of it the week after on Sunday night.

I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Good contemplation. Very well written piece. :)

    ReplyDelete